Re: 2.2.15pre15 boot failure - aic7xxx

From: Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 10:35:48 EST

Gregory Zornetzer wrote:

> Sorry to be the bringer of bad news about 2.2.15pre15, but it fails to
> boot on my old EISA machine with an Adaptec 2740 (the EISA version)
> The aic7xxx driver version in 5.1.28, the default driver in 2.2.15pre15.
>
> I get a normal detection of SCSI devices, and then I see
>
> (scsi 0) BRKADRINT error(0x2)
> Illegal Sequencer Address referenced
> (scsi 0) SEQADDR = 0x1

SEQADDR 1 doesn't reference a call to anything so there shouldn't be a
possibility of an Illegal Sequencer Address (if a jump is out of range, then
you get this error basically). I'll see if I can track it down.

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com> http://people.redhat.com/dledford Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before e-mailing me about problems