2.2.15pre15 boot failure - aic7xxx

From: Gregory Zornetzer (gaz@nmrfam.wisc.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 22:00:14 EST

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news about 2.2.15pre15, but it fails to
boot on my old EISA machine with an Adaptec 2740 (the EISA version)
The aic7xxx driver version in 5.1.28, the default driver in 2.2.15pre15.

I get a normal detection of SCSI devices, and then I see

(scsi 0) BRKADRINT error(0x2)
Illegal Sequencer Address referenced
(scsi 0) SEQADDR = 0x1
Kernel panic: aic7xxx: unrecoverable BRKADDRINT
In swapper task, not syncing.

The older 5.1.23 driver works fine. If there's any other debugging info
that I can provide, please let me know.

Thanks,

Greg Zornetzer
gaz@nmrfam.wisc.edu