timepegs updated

From: Andrew Morton (andrewm@uow.edu.au)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 08:53:47 EST

I have updated the timepeg point-to-point time measurement toolkit for
2.3.99-pre3. The changes are:

- Some bugfixes.

- Someone crippled drivers/misc so I've been realistic and moved the
code to arch/i386/kernel and include/asm-i386. I doubt if it would have
worked on the Alpha anyway...

- the 'tpt' tool has grown a '-s' option to produce output which can be
fed into sort(1).

- Added 'start' and 'stop' timepegs. Normally a timepeg acts as both an
initiation and a termination point for interval measurement. 'start'
timepegs act as initiations only. 'stop' timepegs act as
terminations. Read Documentation/intlat.txt to see me make another
balls-up of explaining this.

Patch is at http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/

It's bundled with the intlat patch. intlat is separately enabled
(CONFIG_INTLAT). intlat reguires CONFIG_TIMEPEG.

--
-akpm-