Re: Cylinder limits jumper for drives over 32GB

From: David Elliott (dfe@infinite-internet.net)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 18:25:05 EST

Mark Hahn wrote:

> > standard. What is broken is my Award BIOS. What sucks is that this is
>
> it doesn't permit you to set the correct geometry as a "user" disk?

No, it doesn't... doesn't that suck. The problem is, even if you specify
user geometry (which it lets you do) it still seems to read the LBA capacity
off the drive and do a sanity check with it or something. So you still need
to set the cylinder limits jumper or else it locks up. I am going to give
Diamond (motherboard maker) a call today, and see if I can't get an updated
BIOS. Their website is so bad, I am hoping they have made a newer version
just haven't put it out on the web.

-Dave