Re: linux nfsv3 client?

From: Neil Brown (neilb@cse.unsw.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 00:38:20 EST

On Tuesday March 21, myles@puck.nether.net wrote:
> Does linux support NFSv3 as a client? (2.2.14)
> I've noted /usr/src/linux/fs/nfs/nfs3xdr.c which apparently is old...
>
> With all the work going into knfsd and getting an NFSv3 server
> implemented, do we have NFSv3 client support?

Yep. It is in hand. You can get patches for 2.2.14 for both nfs
client and nfs server at

ftp://nfs.sourceforge.net/pub/nfs/dhiggen-2.2.14

Hopefully this will all go into an early 2.2.16-pre release.

The server stuff is all in 2.3.99pre3. The client stuff is being
merged in now.

> I've tried various mount options (nfs.5 manpage)
> mount -o nfsvers=3,vers=3 netapp:/vol/vol0 /mnt/netapp

You will need to get an updated version of the mount command.
Go looking in
       http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/
Trond is the guy who has been doing the NFS client improvements,
including NFSv3.

NeilBrown