Re: diff switches

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 00:12:54 EST

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Gregory Hosler wrote:

>Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:32:19 +0800 (SGT)
>From: Gregory Hosler <gregory.hosler@eno.ericsson.se>
>To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
>Subject: diff switches
>
>Hi,
>
>given 2 kernel source trees, one original source, one w/ modifications,
>what is the proper diff command to use to get a proper kernel diff patch
>file ?

diff -urN orig mod > patch-blah.diff

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

I've overclocked my keyboard interface. It's quite messy dipping my hands into the mineral oil, but *MAN* is my keyboard ever fast now! - Anonymous Coward