Re: 2.3.51 tulip broken

From: Allen Brown (allen_brown@agilent.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 18:33:05 EST

Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> As long as 2.2 is maintained, it's OK. You don't expect to get
> new drivers for your network card for BSD 4.3 (tahoe) either do you.

Excuse me? 2.2 is the only released kernel. I expect the
current kernel to get new drivers, at least until a newer
kernel is released.

> Or do you upgrade those 4 year old systems to todays hardware
> and expect to still be able to run a 2-3 year old kernel on them
> that supports all modern hardware ?

This is meaningless. The 2.2 kernel is CURRENT. It is the
newest kernel that is released. The 2.3 kernels are not released
yet. As far as I am concerned the clock on 2.2 age doesn't
start until 2.4 is released. So 2.2 is 0 years old.

--
Allen Brown
  work: Agilent Technologies      non-work: http://www.peak.org/~abrown/