network interface still stops after 20 days 7 hours in 2.2.14

From: jeroen@shoutbynight.ath.cx
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 05:57:15 EST

This is a problem some people seem to have with 2.2.12, but I'm still
having it in 2.2.14:

2.2.12:

After 20 days uptime a network interface just stops, routing, ifconfig
etc. seems fine, just no network traffic coming in or going out.
No messages in logs.
Seems to happen on a 2.2.12 machine with multiple NIC's and multiple
IP's on NIC's.
The one describing the problem on one of the mailing lists rebooted the
machines every week -I've not been able to reach him-.

2.2.14:

Got a machine with multiple NIC's, (3), multiple IP's on them, ipchains,
one of the interfaces is configured with ipx+ip.
After 20 days and 7 hours, the interface with ipx+ip stops, ifconfig,
routing etc. still seem to be completely happy.
doing an "ifdown eth0; ifup eth0" makes things work again.

using ipx+ip (ehh, just a guess).

Anyone having similar problems/had similar problems, the "20 days 7
hours" seems to have something to do with it.

Be well,
Jeroen.