Fiber Channel support in 2.2.14

From: Jeff McNeil (jeffry@interland.net)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 15:06:37 EST

I have a couple questions regarding Fiber Channel support in the 2.2.14 kernel. I've been given the task of connecting our Linux servers to our SAN, based on an HP XP256 array.

After working my way through the kernel, it appears I have two choices, either a QLogic ISP2X00, or an Interphase 5526.

My first choise is to use the QLogic. QLogic FC does not seem to identify it's WWI correctly, and you need to actually look at the FC switch to determine what it is.

Diving deeper into the Interphase shows that SMP support is buggy at best.

Are there an other Linux FC solutions availible at this time?

Thanks,

Jeff McNeil
Sr. Unix Engineer
Interland, Inc.