Re: (reiserfs) Re: patch: reiserfs for 2.3.49

From: Matthias Andree (ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 07:39:04 EST

Xuan Baldauf <technik--reiserfs@exmail.de> writes:

> The code duplication in fs/reiserfs/ is a bug. But does this bug harm anything
> but maybe somewhat performance? If it does not harm, there is no reason for
> reiserfs not to make in pre-2.4 kernels, because those bugs can be fixed.

Code duplication is a matter of stability. Fix one place, but don't fix
the other and you're heading for trouble, since you start to
forget. Besides, code duplication is unnecessary code bloat and evil as
such, in a kernel in particular.

This is nothing about ReiserFS in particular, just a general thought.

--
Matthias Andree

Hi! I'm the infamous .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!