Re: patch: reiserfs for 2.3.49

From: Hans Reiser (reiser@idiom.com)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 16:49:18 EST

Alexander Viro wrote:

> I couldn't care less about the speed of your code. Sorry if it sounds
> rude, but that's it. I _do_ care about the cost of maintaining it during
> the VFS changes. Sorry, if your idea of recent changes is
> 2.1.130--2.2.5... See the problem? It means that large sections of code
> are unmaintained for _long_.

Alexander, if you tell us what you want done when making VFS changes we will do
it for you. You don't need to take the responsibility for working on reiserfs
code you dislike if you don't want it. Truly. You can go on using ext2 and
telling all your friends to use ext2, and when you change VFS just let us know.

On the other hand, I am very happy to get flames from you which are specific in
what they complain of. It is bedtime for me now, but I am cc'ing the below to
Vladimir and Alexei in Russia. It would be nice if you would frame your remarks
in the form of: you do A, B is the right thing, or A is bad because of such and
such, rather than you do A, you are clueless.

The first forms lead to a faster fix. If fix is your objective.

Hans

--
You can get ReiserFS at http://devlinux.org/namesys, and customizations and
industrial grade support at reiser@idiom.com.