backporting net packet scheduler code from 2.2/2.3 to 2.0?

From: Stephen Richard Ives (ives@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 01:56:22 EST

I know this is slightly off-topic for current development, but I'm being
asked to look into backporting the packet scheduler code in the newer
linux kernels to 2.0.

I'm stuck with working with 2.0 kernels, since that's all the CS admins
here support. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

Would this involve a substantial rewrite of the packet scheduler code?
i.e., I'm guessing that the net API changed significantly since 2.0...

Thanks in advance,
-Stephen

   Stephen R. Ives (Grad. ECE BS/MS, CS BS) | We are CMU students of Borg.
   Carnegie Mellon University | Sleep is irrelevant.
   email: ives+@andrew.cmu.edu | You will be caffeinated.
   http://www.subatomic.org/~ives/ |