Re: HELP!!! Passing File descriptors

From: Pat O'Rourke (orourke@missioncriticallinux.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 09:21:25 EST

"A.Srinath Reddy" wrote:

> I want to pass file descriptors between two processes.I read
> man cmsg where the code for sending fds is given.But how do I receive
> them.I have tried the following one, but not working.Can anybody please
> help me.

In the future you may want to provide a little more information, e.g. what
error you're getting, kernel version, etc.

One thing I ran into is that I originally had the processing sending the
file descriptors using an empty iovec[] array and as a result it appeared
to unix_stream_sendmsg() that the message contained no data. If you don't
have it already, I highly recommend Richard Steven's "Unix Network
Programming: Volume 1", he covers this topic in section 14.7.

Good luck,

Pat

--
Patrick O'Rourke