Re: 121 Key keyboard.

From: Guest section DW (dwguest@win.tue.nl)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 08:05:42 EST

On Sun, Feb 27, 2000 at 03:09:53AM +0000, Jon Masters wrote:

> I am investigating getting my new 121 key keyboard working
> properly under Linux.
> It has 105 keys + 16 multimedia keys also (including cool stuff like
> a volume jog dial that sends one scancode when turned one way and
> anther when turned the opposite way).

What brand is it? What type?
Below you give 16 scancode sequences. Do you count this volume jog dial
for two keys?

[See http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/scancodes.html
for my current keyboard scancode collection.]

> KEY NAME Scancode Scancode
> on press on release
>
> POWER OFF = 0xe0 0x5e 0xe0 0xde
> SLEEP = 0xe0 0x5f 0xe0 0xdf
> RESUME = 0xe0 0x63 0xe0 0xe3
> HELP = 0xe0 0x2e 0xe0 0xae
> MY FAVOURITE = 0xe0 0x20 0xe0 0xa0
> BROWSER = 0xe0 0x30 0xe0 0xb0
> WWW SEARCH = 0xe0 0x32 0xe0 0xb2
> SHORTCUT = 0xe0 0x26 0xe0 0xa6
> VOLUME DOWN = 0xe0 0x25 0xe0 0xa5
> VOLUME UP = 0xe0 0x1e 0xe0 0x9e
> MUTE = 0xe0 0x12 0xe0 0x92
> PREVIOUS = 0xe0 0x22 0xe0 0xa2
> STOP = 0xe0 0x10 0xe0 0x90
> NEXT = 0xe0 0x24 0xe0 0xa4
> EJECT = 0xe0 0x21 0xe0 0xa1
> PLAY = 0xe0 0x19 0xe0 0x99
> That's the problem, they're not being recognised e.g. scancode e05e
> keycode 112 doesn't work using:
>
> setkeycodes e05e 112
>
> doesn't seem to work and I can't see why i.e.
>
> getkeycodes
> setkeycodes e05e 112
> getkeycodes
>
> shows no difference.

I suppose you use consoletools. People report that it comes with a
broken setkeycodes. Try kbd instead.

Andries