Re: bottom half's bug introduced in 2.3.43

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 18:11:12 EST

Rui Sousa wrote:
> So I would suggest either always use a 32 bytes alignment for the tasklet list
> or state in the config help file that the 586 option is no longer forward
> compatible in SMP systems.

huh?

* if you don't have the right command line options set, bad things will
happen, and

* your statement about compatibility makes no sense. There is NO binary
module compatibility, because critical kernel structures change with
compiler and kernel options.

--
Jeff Garzik              | "Are you the police?"
Building 1024            |