Re: Linux console driver maintainer?

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 11:13:36 EST

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, James A Simmons wrote:

>> I am pretty sure James was not referring to me but i have kept hacking
>> on the console code on and off for the last two years, trying to make
>> it a full ECMA (or ISO/IEC what ever you prefer) implementation with
>> as much DEC VT compatibility as possible.
>
>Wow!! More people working on the console code. I know the console system
>discussion is on hold until 2.5.X but its nice to see people are actually
>thinking about it. I really like to see a project formed to handle the
>upcoming console issues. A linux-console project. A nice web page and
>mailing list where we can discuss issues. Sourceforge would be a nice
>place to set this up. This way we would be ready for the upcoming 2.5.X
>kernels.

I think that is an excellent idea! I certainly would rather work
WITH someone than on my own.

>I completely agree with you. You are not the only one working on this type
>of approach. I have seen others approach it this way. I personally like
>this approach.
>
>P.S
>
> So what does everyone say. We start a consoel project that everyone can
>work on and discuss the new design.

Sounds great. Lets start the new Linux console project. I've
mucked with the driver allready a bit on my own. I know I'm
going to implement what I want for myself, might as well do it in
an organized manner for everyone to benefit from...

TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

Suspicious Anagram #4: Word: PRESIDENT CLINTON OF THE USA Anagram: TO COPULATE HE FINDS INTERNS