Re: Kernel bugs found using inspect tool

From: Ricky Beam (jfbeam@bluetopia.net)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 18:04:49 EST

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Folkert van Heusden wrote:
>I totally agree with you.
(for the sake of readablity, I agree too -- tho' I still submit it's
 syntaxtically correct either way.)

>Maybe yeah, it's more keystrokes. Yeah, code looks larger'n'stuff.
>But what matters in big projects such as the linux-kernel; it must be as
>maintainable as possible! So any codingstyle that makes things more
>readable less prone to errors should be encouraged.

Indeed... the kernel is already >80MB. So, what's a few curly-braces
here and there :-)

>In my opinion, the kernel is also rather under-documented, so
>to say.

"The code is self documenting." -- The Programmer.

"I don't read C." -- The Tech Writer.

--Ricky

PS: I work for a company that makes network modeling software, so I hear the
    documentation wars all the time. In some cases, the docs from the
    programmers (multi-phd'd nuts) can be less readable than the C++ code.