Re: 2.3.43 breaks pppd! (SOLVED, possible config gotcha)

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 01:08:17 EST

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 00:35:01 -0500,
willy@thepuffingroup.com wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 05:33:42PM -0500, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
>> I agree with you that the functionality is there. However, both the
>> PPP driver and pppd have been written and documented in a way that
>> means, as we both agree, that makes it hard or impossible to figure
>> out the dependencies without hunting through the source code.
>
>Right. So this information should be in the sample modules.conf that
>I think Keith Owens was talking about maintaining.. Keith?

[Back from holiday].

No, I will not be maintaining a suggested list of modules.conf entries.
modutils is a general service and it is up to the user of that service
(pppd in this case) to document their requirements when running as a
module. Just because a driver has incomplete documentation is no
reason to expect somebody else to provide the missing docs.