problems unloading serial driver in 2.3.4[45]

From: Ian Peters (itp@gnu.org)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 11:08:59 EST

With the serial driver loaded as a module, when I try to unload it,
rmmod never returns, consuming all cycles on one CPU. After calling
rmmod, lsmod lists the modules like so:

Module Size Used by
serial 0 0 (uninitialized)
eepro100 15004 1 (autoclean)

Although sometimes serial is listed as (deleted) rather than
(uninitialized). It is impossible to kill the rmmod process as far as
I can tell, the only solution is a reboot.

.config is attached, please CC any replies to me.

--
Ian Peters   |  GnuPG Key ID 5C23D20C     |  The reader this message
itp@gnu.org  |  E584 2558 FAC3 BEAB EFAC  |  encounters not failing to