Re: Keyboard lock and yenta

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 19:00:02 EST

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Wakko Warner wrote:

> 1) cardbus compiled in (all other cardbus/pcmcia modules)
> Keyboard still locks if mouse is used.
>
> 2) cardbus compiles as module.
> Keyboard and mouse work (that is with my specific machine)
> Network is working (see above) after cardbus and cardmgr are loaded
> Suspend machine.
> Unsuspend.
> At this point I normally hit the mouse, the system appeared to
> freeze, keyboard/mouse non responsive. Sorry, but that's as far as I went
> before I turned it off.

The one special thing about unsuspend is that it does a "yenta_init()",
the same way the bootup sequence does (but the module load sequence should
have done it too, so it's still a bit strange).

Could you test things out a bit, playing with the settings in
yenta_init()? I wonder if it is the pci_set_power_state() stuff that does
something unexpected..

Can you remove both "pci_set_power_state()" calls in the yenta driver (one
in init, one in suspend) and see if that makes any difference?

The other things to test is to disable the code that sets the
CB_BRIDGE_CONTROL register (again in yenta_init()), and the code that
clears I365_GBLCTL and I365_GENCTL.. See what it is in yenta_init() that
triggers the strange keyboard controller shutdown, basically.

                Linus