Re: Keyboard lock and yenta

From: Wakko Warner (wakko@animx.eu.org)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 20:44:01 EST

> > 1) cardbus compiled in (all other cardbus/pcmcia modules)
> > Keyboard still locks if mouse is used.
> >
> > 2) cardbus compiles as module.
> > Keyboard and mouse work (that is with my specific machine)
> > Network is working (see above) after cardbus and cardmgr are loaded
> > Suspend machine.
> > Unsuspend.
> > At this point I normally hit the mouse, the system appeared to
> > freeze, keyboard/mouse non responsive. Sorry, but that's as far as I went
> > before I turned it off.
>
> The one special thing about unsuspend is that it does a "yenta_init()",
> the same way the bootup sequence does (but the module load sequence should
> have done it too, so it's still a bit strange).
>
> Could you test things out a bit, playing with the settings in
> yenta_init()? I wonder if it is the pci_set_power_state() stuff that does
> something unexpected..
>
> Can you remove both "pci_set_power_state()" calls in the yenta driver (one
> in init, one in suspend) and see if that makes any difference?
>
> The other things to test is to disable the code that sets the
> CB_BRIDGE_CONTROL register (again in yenta_init()), and the code that
> clears I365_GBLCTL and I365_GENCTL.. See what it is in yenta_init() that
> triggers the strange keyboard controller shutdown, basically.

Ok. I can try that, I'd rather do this when the 3c575_cb.c file is fixed
for the netdevice.h changes. I tried doing what davem said in his mail
about what to change, but this driver does somethings that I don't
understand very well and I can't get it to work right.

By the way, I got an odd lockup (probably what I meantioned above) with the
card services running along with the above module loaded. System completely
freezes except it still allows me to alt-sysrq-<key>.

Right now, I'm having some wrist problems, so I can't try this tonight (I'm
est and I got up early thismorning)