Does anybody try to compile the 2.3 kernels at all ? :((

From: Sergey Kubushin (ksi@ksi-linux.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 10:42:42 EST

Hi, everybody.

I wonder does anybody try to compile 2.3 kernels at all ? I'm not for a
blood, but I can't understand how can it be that _EIGHTH_ 2.3.43 pre in a
row have drivers/block/xor.c required for RAID5 missing ? I can't understand
how could anybody hasn't noticed that the thing fails even the "make dep"...
I can't understand that nobody has noticed that wanpipe does not build in
several _RELEASED_ kernels in a row because somebody has removed enable_IPX
and network_number that are spread all over the wan drivers code from
include/linux/wanrouter.h...

People, what's going on ? I can't believe that somebody did succed in
kernel compile having such mistakes in a source tree :(( It looks like
nobody has even tried to compile them, less for booting... How can it be
tested if it fails even to compile due to obvious mistakes ? Or it has not
to be tested at all ?