Re: NFSv3 client: Patches for 2.3.42 ready (and tested!)...

From: Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 05:09:21 EST

Hi Ion,

> This is all very good news, and I have one extra piece to add
> to the announcement: we just finished adding NFSv3 support for
> linux into am-utils (the Berkeley automounter), based on these
> patches. It will appear in the next snapshot, 6.0.4s1, to be
> released shortly.

Cool!

>> http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/linux-2.3.42-nfsv3.dif.bz2

> One question though: what's the difference between the "nfsv2"
> and "nfsv3" patches on your site? The v2 changes seem to be a
> superset of the v3 changes, but is that really the case?

The 'nfsv2' patches contain a snapshot of the latest patches from the
LinuxNFS CVS server on Sourceforge. I've been putting them up on my
site too, since I got requests from people who'd like to test the
Sourceforge patches, but who wouldn't like to go through the entire
CVS machinery of logging in, checking out kernels,...

The name of the patch is linux-bla-nfsv2-date-v3-version, since that
is the convention for labels on Sourceforge. The 'v2' refers to HJ's
nfsd patches, and the v3 is, of course, the NFSv3 client patches.

Cheers,
  Trond