Re: all zeroes/all ones used in host IP's...

From: Michael Loftis (MLoftis@tcs.dyns.cx)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 17:42:16 EST

255 is forbidden because it's the broadcast address. As to 0 being
forbidden, uhm.. I think that's only as the last octet in a host
sequence. Why? My nameserver is at 209.161.0.2 and 209.161.0.3

Whatever 1123 says .0 seems to have been accepted in a network mask
sense, but I would doubt that as a last octet of a host it would not
work.

IE
209.161.0.0/32 (Host) is illegal
209.161.0.1/32 (Host) is legal