Video4Linux Problems?

From: danb2@home.com
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 11:45:12 EST

I was compiling the 2.3.40 kernel when a string of seemingly related
errors occurred in drivers/char/char.o. These errors all seem to have
to do with I2C. In the character section of the kernel config, I left
everything the same and I marked Video4Linux to be compiled into the
kernel as well as the BookTree driver to be installed. When I took the
Video4Linux flag away, it compiled fine. Also, I don't think I had any
I2C modules as being marked installed. Should I have done this? I
haven't had this problem with previous kernel configs. Also, I used
the latests alpha patch (2.3.41-3) just to see if that fixed it, but
it didn't. If anyone would like to correct me on what I did wrong, or
maybe what is wrong with the configuration script, I would appreciate
anything.

-dan