Re: Impression of 2.2.14 vs. 2.2.15-pre

From: Michael Loftis (MLoftis@tcs.dyns.cx)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 21:19:55 EST

Last time my 486 had 'bad memory' it was actually an Ethernet card which
had mapped it's buffers at D000 (32k or 64k worth) and I'd get wierd
network errors and errors gunzipping and such ehehe :)

Anyway, something to check. I had no idea that the thing was mapped and
indeed it ran fine most of the time with it like this, just it seemed to
show up onece in a while as corrupt .zip/.gz's or a compile that went
wonky.

My $.02 worth.

--
Michael Loftis