Re: Interesting analysis of linux kernel threading by IBM

From: Daniel Taylor (dante@plethora.net)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 22:45:30 EST

Hate to follow up my own message here, but I realized how it sounds.

What I meant is that if we can optimize for the target case, while noting-
in the source- how to optimize for other cases, this is a good thing.

Hence the comparison with the ide driver, which has (had?) tons of
options for manual optimization in the headers and source.

This way the chosen cases lose nothing, the cases not optimized for lose
little, and the home hacker gains lots.

It is up to others than me to decide what the target case is.

OK, now lets see how crispy I got in the last 6 hours...

Daniel Taylor