Re: Constant byteorder macros.

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 04:33:38 EST

alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk said:
> You are correct it is wrong. Its been removed in 2.2.x and I sent
> Linus the forward port of JJ's fix to 2.3.x a couple of days ago.

htonl() itself is wrong, using the letter 'l' to denote something which isn't
a long.

This is legacy stuff - so perhaps it should be left - although if it's not
visible to user space I'm inclined to suggest that it should be fixed anyway.

There's no real excuse for continuing to use [bwl] suffixes for other macros
like PCI access, though - is there?

--
dwmw2