Re: Oops in 2.2.13 (in __brelse) and ksymoops is obsolete?

From: Andrew Gormanly (a.gormanly@ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 10:59:07 EST

Keith Owens wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:07:05 +1100,
> kernels so we settled for a message instead. The code in kernel 2.2
> scripts/ksymoops is way out of date.

> ksymoops 2.3.3 works on all kernels from 2.0 onwards. But if other
> code like klogd stamps on the report before it gets to ksymoops, there
> is nothing I can do about it. That is why there is a patch in the
> ksymoops directory against klogd, to preserve the data that ksymoops
> need.

This is (at least) the second time this has had to be explained in the
last couple of days (once was to me).

Maybe there should be an update to Documentation/oops-tracing.txt to
point people in the right direction when they get an oops and want to do
the responsible thing and report it to the list.

It would sure save everyone a lot of time...