Re: make menuconfig hangs on my system

ulmo@q.net
Tue, 28 May 1996 20:25:32 -0400

Thank you both for replying -- what you both suggested seems right.
It seems this is an ncurses related issue. I had tried to install
ncurses-1.9.9e before I had all these problems.

This is what I did which seems to fix it; first:
mv /usr/include/ncurses /usr/include/ncurses-old
Then in the source for ncurses-1.9.9e, I used:
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-normal --with-debug --enable-overwrite --with-shared
(before make && su -c make install)

Lo, it didn't recreate the /usr/include/ncurses directory, but did put
the following header files into /usr/include itself: curses.h
termcap.h term.h unctrl.h panel.h menu.h eti.h form.h.

``make menuconfig'' then worked.

And yes, I tried "make distclean" in the Linux source directory many
times before while attempting to solve this problem.

> From: Mike Crowe <mac@tanstafl.demon.co.uk>
> To: ulmo@q.net

[...]