Re: Kernel compile...

Cerberus (cerberus@ginch.dial.umd.edu)
Tue, 28 May 1996 00:52:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 26 May 1996, Bryn Paul Arnold Jones wrote:

> > In case you are asking WHY I want to compile w/o procfs support, I am
> > trying to get a 1 MB machine to run as an imbedded system for a router.
> > Thus, kernel needs to be small.

> Won't work, you need 2 Mb to boot, see
> http://www.redhat.com:8080/HyperNews/get/khg.html for more.

Yes, it will. 896K of ram even. But, unfortunately, not pre 2.0.6, 1.0.9
seems to work nicely though. I've got it running on a laptop 386/16sx w/
1mb of ram, not speedy, but it seems to work.

http://trishul.sci.gu.edu.au/~tony/linux/memory_savers/mem.html

-dave

--
cerberus@ginch.dial.umd.edu, cerb@glue.umd.edu