Re: BAD CPU --> SIG11

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Mon, 27 May 1996 23:02:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 24 May 1996, Darrin R. Smith wrote:

> Incedentally, one fix for the 80 Mhz AMD might have been to
> go to Radio Shack or the local elecronics store and buy a little
> tube of white silicon heatsink compound. I put a thin layer of this
> between my cpu/heatsink combination and I have never had a problem
> with my own AMD-80 chip. This will effectively increase the cooling

I've actually been running a 3.3v AMD dx2-80 as a dx4-100 (33mhz on the
board) for about a year and a half with no problems. I do have a peltier
junction, heat sink, and fan (and heat sink compound) on it.

It's been running linux 24/7 from day 1.

Jon Lewis | Mime attachments are OK
jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net | But please ask before sending
http://inorganic5.fdt.net | unsolicited huge files.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______