Re: 'java in kernel' defaults

news (news@inka.de)
Sat, 25 May 96 17:13 MET DST

Newsgroups: linux.dev.kernel
From: olaf@inka.de (Olaf Titz)
Subject: Re: Pre-release 2.0.5 breaks network config scripts
Date: 25 May 1996 17:13:05 +0200

Drew Sullivan <drew@eros.ss.org> wrote:
> The route command know the default netmask, all I want it to do is 'and'
> it with the ip address. This used to work, and it breaks lots of
> working configs. This is going to cause untold pain.

(I haven't checked the new code, but anyway...) as I see it, there is
no such thing as a default netmask any more. Technically, the
definition of Class A,B,C networks has been invalidated/superceded by
CIDR for global routing, so perhaps it is a good idea to stop using it
locally either.

olaf

--
___        Olaf.Titz@inka.de or @{stud,informatik}.uni-karlsruhe.de       ____