[OFFTOPIC] Re: Quantum Mechanics

Ingo Molnar (mingo@teto.sch.bme.hu)
Sat, 25 May 1996 08:49:49 +0100 (GMT+0100)

i guess that [OFFTOPIC] label is just as good as "flock()...." or
"floating point ..." -> most people push "D" and forget about it.

On Fri, 24 May 1996, Mike Wangsmo wrote:

> <snip> A beam of light that travels from a
> point on the edge of the outer diameter of the base of the cone through
> the center is affected so strongly by the massive gravity that it is slowed
> dramatically as it finally escapes the forces of attraction from gravity.
> However an object that travels around the base of the cone (thus avoiding
> the massive gravity) has no noticable reduction in velocity due to
> gravity. <snip>

Nonsense. What do you say about the following construction:

- I mirror a plain lightbeam to the Moon and back to some target. In those
20 seconds or so, i can step to the target .... i'm faster than light???

If you say that you can be faster than light >on the same track<, then you
>are< faster than light. It means nothing if you reach a point in space
faster than a lightbeam.

-- mingo