Re: Crap: CONFIG_RANDOM and TCP FILTER

Lauri Tischler (ltischler@fipower.fi)
Sat, 25 May 1996 01:37:50 GMT +2

Anno Domini 24 May 96 at 10:58, William E. Roadcap wrote:
> Although I see your point, and agree to a _certain_ extent, there are many of
> us who want to see Linux become a mainstream success. Although I hate to
> make a comparison to DOS and Windows, those OS's (can we call them that?)
-- maybe we can call 'em 'bios extensions' -- :)

> became such successes partly because they fit the desktop so well.

No, thats not true. They became successes because they have USER
APPLICATIONS available. The lack of applications is a _major_
problem before Linux can become a mainstream success.

I can just see myself going to the secretarial pool and say
'Hey girls, over the weekend we have formatted your disks and replaced
MS Windows and Word and Excel with this new wonderfull Linux stuff
and Latex, go for it'.

I'm sure they would go for my family jewels and rip'em off :)

Cheers..

--
Lauri Tischler, Network Admin          Tel: +358-0-47846331
EFORE Oy                               Fax: +358-0-47846500