Re: hfs module

Paul H. Hargrove (hargrove@sccm.stanford.edu)
Thu, 23 May 1996 03:02:46 -0700

Jim Kaufman wrote:
> The hfs module that allows one to read Mac disks....
> Is this going into the standard distribution?
[.sig snipped]

I certainly intend that it will but that is for Linus to decide, not me.
However, it will certainly not be in the 2.0 kernel. I still have
enough things to do to finish up on writing HFS disks that it will
almost certianly not be done until after 2.0 is released. Besides that
there is the feature freeze on right now. I see no reason why it would
not be ready to go into an early 2.1.x kernel.

--
Paul H. Hargrove               All material not otherwise attributed
hargrove@sccm.stanford.edu     is the opinion of the author or a typo.