Re: Media Change detection..

Robert O'Kane (okane@em.uni-frankfurt.de)
Wed, 22 May 1996 14:51:34 +0200

Hello,
Thank you for the mail,.....

The drive works fine. I'm looking for a way to detect when the CD is
inserted into the drive so I could "automatically" mount it (or play
it or whatever....)

I would like to get the (any) events the cdrom might send. Do you know
where I could look specifically? Or is the VFS ONLY triggered
manually? (mount/unmount)?

Lai Edy Indra Nusa wrote:

> In order to trigger the IDE-CDROM you have to mount the cdrom first or
> you could use the ide boot when you first install linux. the linux will
> detect whether there is any cd in the cdrom.

> hdd is the drive of your cdrom. that's depending on your computer.
>
> On Tue, 21 May 1996, Robert O'Kane wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Is there any way (planned or implemented) to detect when a cd(rom)
> > is loaded into the drive? I see the "media changed" sense codes in
> > the ide(-cd) drivers but I see no way to trigger VFS to acknowledge
> > the "event".

Robert O'Kane

Robert O'Kane
OTHERSPACE