Re: Animal patch, Version 1.02

lilo (TaRDiS@mail.utexas.edu)
Thu, 23 May 1996 08:25:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 23 May 1996, Warner Losh wrote:

> : > Expect /proc/animal support to go away. This seems kind of redundant now
> : > that we have /proc/version support.
> :
> : Hmmm, have you asked around about this? Anything that breaks the expected
> : format of /proc/version may be a bad idea.
>
> Hmmm, can we get a /proc/animal/sound that we can cat to our dev audio
> on boot next?
>
> I shouldn't need to add this :-)
>
> Warner

Warner,

You've opened our eyes to whole new realms of possibility. Needless to say,
it's likely you have caused generations of Linux hackers irreparable
harm.... ;)

Should we use mpeg for the full-motion video? Or maybe avi? :)

BTW, I want to see the movie poster, with Linus dressed up as Indiana
Jones.... :)

:) lilo

****

LINUX ANIMALS preII: THE MOVIE

You've hacked the operating system. You've read the book. NOW SEE THE

See Linus Torvalds hack his way out of a jungle of bugs, and lay claim to
the treature in the Great Pyramid of the Hacker! See him battle the Evil
Doctor Bill, intent on World Domination!

YOU CAN SEE IT ALL. IN TECHNICOLOR<tm>. IN YOUR LIVING ROOM AND ON YOUR VERY
COMPUTER SCREEN!!!!