Re: Socket Destroy Delayed _Still_ Occur in 1.3.97

Tom Mayo N1RMU (tcmayo@mntr02.psf.ge.com)
Mon, 20 May 1996 11:22:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 8 May 1996, Alan Cox wrote:

> > I am running 1.3.97 with the PCMCIA driver for the
> > 3COM 3c589 device. I am still getting those annoying
> > "Socket destroy delayed (r=0 w=536)"
> > messages. I would d/l and try 1.3.98, but my eth0 is a bit
> > unusable.
>
> Can you swap the 3c589 for a normal PC card and let me know if it works
>
> Alan

Alan,

I'm sorry to report that I am getting these messages as well. I have a
3COM 3c503 Etherlink II. I am running kernel pre2.0.4. As I have never
noticed this problem before, I will search the list archive to come up to
speed with what has been going on. I wanted to let you know ASAP though.

Tom.

--
Tom Mayo  N1RMU  http://bcn.net/~mayo