Re: CONFIG_RANDOM option for 1.99.2 [OFFTOPIC]

Ingo Molnar (mingo@teto.sch.bme.hu)
Fri, 17 May 1996 23:30:27 +0100 (GMT+0100)

[ OFFTOPIC ]

On Fri, 17 May 1996, Andrew E. Mileski wrote:

> > ps. money cant buy you faster electromagnetic waves :))
>
> Gravity waves propagate faster (all points in space at once,
> if I recall the physics correctly <shrug>).

General Relativity Theory builds gravity from a mathematical model that
has light-speed as the limit for information-flow. Though it's hardish to
prove it (unless you can build galaxy-sized accelerators), it's quite
logical and there is no reason (and no experiment) which indicates that it
would be wrong.

translated into plain English: light-speed is a hard limit :(

-- mingo