Re: Kerneld woes

Kevin M Bealer (kmb203@psu.edu)
Wed, 15 May 1996 14:37:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 13 May 1996, Mr A.M. Kruczkowski wrote:

> Hiya there
>
> 1. yes, I did do make modules_install
>
> 2. kerneld does run
>
> 3. kdstat debug does produce information, useful or otherwise. I will
> describe this at the end
>
> 4. modprobe -c thrashes the machine. I get no control at all.
>

> In this version , 1.99.3, with modules -whatever the latest version is-
> revision h... I compiled the kernel with most things other than boot

Just by way of note, according to http://www.pi.se/blox/bloxinfo.html, the
latest is '1.3.69k'... one thing I would note about excessive thrashing: If
you don't have an ELF version of what debian calls 'miscutils' your system
will be broken by not have a.out support in it: You need an ELF version of
"update" for example or your system cannot memory manage (nothing ever
leaves the cache), since it loads _before_ kerneld in most setups.

(clip)
> What am I doing wrong? UIf you need other informatino, please don't
> hestiate to write.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex

> The UK Therapy? page
> http://www.fishnet.net/~kerry/therapy
>
> ... Irony?

__kmb203@psu.edu_________________________Debian__1.1___Linux__1.99.3___
Hey guys, I just heard something that really worries me...
(wringing hands) What is the correct side of the bed to get up on?