Re: TTY switching - SysReq rather than Alt please?

Vadim E. Kogan (vadim@ns.econ.msu.su)
Wed, 15 May 1996 08:20:28 +0300 (GMT+0300)

On Mon, 13 May 1996, root wrote:

> It occurs to me that a better key binding for switching consoles, and for
> switching from X to text would be Alt-SysReq Function-key so that the
> Alt function keys could be used by programs. Any hope of this change being
> implemented? Or reasons why not?

1. On most notebooks/etc SysReq is a combination of Fn+PrtSc(or any other
key) - i.e. Alt-SysRq+F1 == Alt-Fn-SysRq-F1... Iv just tryed tu push it
8-O That's not easy ;-))

2. It seems not all keyboards have SysRq...

> (please send any responses via email. TY)
> Karl M. Hegbloom

Vadim