Re: A little pre-2.0 input

Tue, 14 May 1996 12:34:34 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 13 May 1996, lilo wrote:

> NO!!!! Many of us copy our .config from the previous kernel tree into
> arch/<whatever/defconfig of the new kernel tree, as a last step before
> running `make mrproper' and compiling the new kernel.
>
> Don't assume that just because there is no .config, there is no old
> configuration.

I think that no patch should touch arch/<arch>/defconfig, and a cp
.config arch/<arch>/defconfig should be done as the latter stages of
something like make zImage, that way, you will always get told what is,
and what isn't new (and be prompted with a make oldconfig), the first
time. Oh well ...

> lilo

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.