Re: LyX: A great word processor/Was Re: Linux logo

Darren J Moffat (darren@xarius.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 10 May 1996 16:58:58 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 7 May 1996, Tracy R. Reed wrote:

> On Sun, 5 May 1996, Speed Racer wrote:
>
> > as the only way to get certain things done (word processing et al.) and
> > win95/MSWord is certainly cheaper than any Unix + Framemaker or whatever
> > else. (okay, maybe the win95 platform isn't as stable, but i'll take a

Yes I know this is an off topic discussion but I just feel like I need to
set the record straight.

Cost of Win95+MSWord System:
Win95 60
MSWord 160
---
220

Cost of Linux+FrameMaker System:
Linux 0
FrameMaker 150
---
150

Err, me thinks FrameMaker wins hands down. (Please note that this is
using FrameMaker binaries from SCO Unix).

Also note that prices are _very_ rough and in pounds sterling not US $.

--
Darren J Moffat