Re: flock/new libs/Wine/DOSEMU

Mike Wangsmo (wanger@fubar.cs.montana.edu)
Sun, 12 May 1996 12:07:07 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 11 May 1996, Sven wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I recently updated my libraries to libc.so.5.3.12 to get rid of the flock
> errors. However i think these libs are bit beta because the broke Wine and
> DOSEMU (Segmentation fault) I tried recompiling them but that didn't help.
> Can someone tell me which lib-version fixes the flock errors without
> breaking the other stuff?

I just ran into a similar problem with dvips. After upgrading the libs,
etc for the 1.3.9x kernels, I now get the following for dvips:

bridger:/home/wanger/tex/corr> dvips dircorr.dvi
Got a new papersize
This is dvipsk 5.58a Copyright 1986, 1994 Radical Eye Software
Segmentation fault

Is this the fault of the new libs or what? Also is there a fix for this,
I really need to get my LaTeX up a running again.

Mike Wangsmo, Graduate Student wanger@fubar.cs.montana.edu
Dept. of M&IE, MSU http://www.cs.montana.edu/~wanger
Bozeman, MT 59717 (406) 586-0690
"May the Force be with you, always"