Re: Bug in serial line hangup code ? (Final solution [maybe])

Peter Fox (fox@roestock.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 11 May 96 08:41 BST

> Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 15:06:52 -0400
> From: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@MIT.EDU>
>
> Date: Thu, 9 May 96 19:51 BST
> From: Peter Fox <fox@roestock.demon.co.uk>
>
> Ok. I've now greatly simplified the kernel patches, and they don't touch
> the hangup code. I've simply added the character count variables for
> each direction. I've appended the patch below, any chance of including
> these ?
>
> Ummm... I see how the patches update the character count variables, but
> I don't see how they're used anywhere.... did you perhaps oversimplify
> the kernel patches?

No, I discovered that TIOCSERGSTRUCT will return it, so I don't need to
add the other ioctl. Of course, if someone messes with the structure and
moves things around any existing binary will need recompiling; but I
don't see this as a user facility, more of an admin one, so that's ok.

Peter.

PS, we've had all this correspondence, and I've yet to see any of it
in linux.dev.kernel, in fact the kernel reflector has gone ominously
quiet..