Re: LyX: A great word processor/Was Re: Linux logo

Tracy R. Reed (treed@straylight.connectnet.com)
Thu, 9 May 1996 20:23:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 9 May 1996, Russell Berry wrote:

> preliminary view of it impressed me. The installation is a bit messy,
> it takes a little trial and error to figure out how much of the
> distribution you can get rid of and it still functions. But I had that
> figured out in about half an hour.

Do you routinely remove as many files as possible from a piece of software?

> I also picked up Myword, though I haven't gotten it to work yet, says
> something about widget having zero height and width and dies.

Ah. I've seen this error before. I think the problem may have been that
the application defaults file was not installed on the system. Might want
to check that.

Tracy Reed http://rohan.sdsu.edu/home/treed IRC-Maelcum
Check out DALnet! The best IRC network around: http://www.dal.net
"She moves in mysterious ways..."