Re: menuconfig broke in 1.3.97?

DUPRE Christophe (duprec@jsp.umontreal.ca)
Thu, 9 May 1996 21:13:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 2 May 1996, Mike Kilburn wrote:

> > I patched my kernel yesterday night from 1.3.86 to 1.3.97 and after
> > running make mkproper I did a make menuconfig.
> > It compiled the sourced but locked up after the message that
> > it was using the default config.in files ( I'm not at my linux
> > box now so I can't remember the exact message). Did anyone else
> > see this problem?
>
> Yes. But for me it started a few months ago. Dont remember what kernel version.
> I also upgraded to RedHat 3.0.3 about the same time so I guessed It had
> something to do with that. I just stopped using it since I have not found
> time to investigate.

Same thing here : 'make menuconfig' haven't worked for a few months.
It may match with the time I upgraded to ELF, though....
lxdialog is built correctly and do not segfault if I execute it from the
command line. But typing 'make menuconfig' displays
#
# Using defaults found in arch/i386/defconfig
#

then stops. 'top' shows a continuously running
'/bin/sh scripts/Menuconfig arch/i386/config.in'
which seems to respawn very rapidly './scripts/lxdialog/lxdialog --title
Main Menu --backtitle ...'

BTW, it produces a core file in /usr/src/linux/

Christophe Dupre Universite de Montreal
Internet: duprec@jsp.umontreal.ca Qc, Canada
Montreal, Qc, Canada
"Nous ne sommes pas libres de ne pas etre libres, nous sommes obliges de
l'etre" - Fernando Savater

-- Geek Code 2.1 --
GCS d-- H+ s:++ g+ !p au-* a19 w+ v+ C++(+++) UIL++>+++ P+>++ L++
3- E---- N++ K W- M- V-- Y+ t++ 5++ !j R+ G- tv b++

#include <disclaimer.h>