Re: .98 general protection faults too!

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi)
Wed, 8 May 1996 07:36:49 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sun, 5 May 1996, Michael Nelson wrote:

> Whatever broke and caused all the GPFs in .97 is still causing them in .98. I
> installed .98 this morning (compiled exactly the same way as my .96 which works
> fine), and when I got home a few minutes ago I checked my kernel log:

It's a corrupted kernel stack, or that's what it looks like. What devices
do you have?

(1.3.97 changed:
- aztcd (support for CyCDROM)
- floppy (mostly changes to move some functions to arch-dep stuff, but..)
- teles ISD driver
- depca network driver
- totally new in2000 driver
- minor sound driver changes, they do look like bugfixes
- ufs filesystem
- filesystem read-ahead code tweak)

Can you try to pinpoint which of these are the problem?

Linus