Re: Is clobber "memory" in include/asm-i386/system.h necessary?

John Paul Morrison (jmorriso@bogomips.com)
Tue, 7 May 96 01:04 PDT

Newsgroups: linux.dev.kernel
From: jmorriso@bogomips.com (John Paul Morrison)
Subject: modem SIGHUPs after 1.3.96
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 08:04:03 GMT

My modem/ppp connection used to stay up for days with
kernels <= linux 1.3.96, but now that I started using 1.3.98
the modem only stays up for a few minutes at a time, and then
something is forcing a DTR drop which hangs up the modem (I can
check the modem's status to see why the connection was dropped)
The modem is not hanging up due to line conditions.

I'm using pppd-2.2.0f but 2.2.0d did the same.

BogoMIPS Research Labs  --  bogosity research & simulation  --  VE7JPM  --
  jmorriso@bogomips.com  ve7jpm@ve7jpm.ampr.org  jmorriso@ve7ubc.ampr.org